Monthly Archives: April 2012
Busy. That’s an understatement. Since my last update (less than a month ago,) I’ve traveled 18,000 miles. Those 18,000 miles put me in 8 cities in 8 different hotels. My access to reliable fitness equipment varied, but I was always able to find a nice place to run outside. In cities like Baltimore, I enjoyed a nice 3-miler in the Inner Harbor. In Charlotte, I ran the streets downtown, dodging traffic. In NYC, I kept to the fitness center (it was rainy) but next time, I’m going to venture outside. Traveling so much puts a strain on a person’s will to eat healthy. Here’s the thing: there are always options available. If not, have a back-up plan.
Now, I’m not saying that I only ate carrot sticks and celery or only had water to drink. I had one of the BEST hamburgers (Habanero jack burger with a fried egg on it) in Baltimore. I enjoyed local beers in every city. It’s all about moderation. Your body needs FUEL. Make sure what you’re putting in is getting put to good use (protein, fiber, the right amount of carbs, vitamins, etc.)
Disclaimer: just because I was busy, didn’t mean that I didn’t find time to work out. I didn’t have time to blog about it, but I did have time to get myself moving. After all, I’m training for a marathon!
Here are my updates to bring you up to speed:
- 3/28/12 – 6mi in 01:07:19 – Easy run
- 3/31/12 – 20mi in 03:59:34 – Long run (longest ever, actually)
- 4/4/12 – 2.27mi in 00:21:17 – Easy run
- 4/6/12 – 6mi in 01:06:30 – Easy run
- 4/8/12 – 16.10mi in 02:56:50 – Long run
- 4/10/12 – 6mi in 01:05:35 – Easy run
- 4/13/12 – 6mi in 01:05:49 – Easy run
- 4/15/12 – 7mi in 01:16:15 – Easy run
- 4/17/12 – 2mi in 00:21:35 – Easy run
- 4/17/12 – 2.2mi walk in 00:32:57 (the day was so nice, I just HAD to get outside!)
There you have it. By this Sunday, I will have completed 13 weeks of my 34 week marathon training plan! There’s a 20mi long run this Sunday…I have to get through that first. I’m learning how to hydrate properly and fuel so I can actually run for 4 hours at a time. Who knew this was even possible??
Next race: Frisco Railroad Half Marathon – April 28